Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Resetting Expectations

This is a new one for me... I tried so long to make the typical "marriage+kids+house+job" gig work that I'm struggling with learning to accept that my future (heck, my *NOW*) isn't going to be what I had originally planned or expected.
That doesn't necessarily make it bad, but I'm finding it harder than I anticipated.  I guess letting go of some of my little-girl happy ending fairy tales is something that is going to take time.  I hope I can be patient with the process and come to accept that a different path can bring just as much happiness as what I orginally thought I was signing up long ago. I'm lucky that I have some good friends who listen to me air my fears, my frustrations, and still manage to instill in me optimism in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment