Monday, February 8, 2010

Does “what comes around” really “go around”?

I have been having a lot of discussions with friends lately about this particular topic. You can call it karma, fate, destiny, etc. but is it real? Or is everything just a series of random coincidences with no master plan involved? For me, what it boils down to is a matter of faith. Mine has been tested lately, but I have a hard time letting go of something I really believe in and I’m trying to determine whether is just pure stubbornness on my behalf, or if I just have a deeper well of faith than I give myself credit for. Am I naïve in thinking that if I do what is right, if I am a good person, if I try my best that things will work out? I have church-going friends and family who advise me in certain situations to “lift it up to the Lord”. I feel guilty doing that because I get discouraged when I don’t hear anything *back* and I give up. I envy people who can go to a quiet place and feel the presence of something powerful that can guide them. I’d settle for even a subtle nudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment