Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Forget California Dreaming...

...We're Hawaii bound! For the first time in YEARS, I'm taking my kids on a family vacation.  What is super cool (but a little intimidating) is that I've never had the opportunity to make all the decisions before - where to go, where to stay, how much to spend.  Pushing that "purchase" button last week had me sweating a bit (what happens if I get hit by a bus before we leave? Should I have bought insurance, etc. etc.)

But I bit the bullet and booked it.  I've found that having something to look forward to helps me get through the tough days and Lord knows I need a break from the daily working grind! Plus, there's a side affect to the vacation planning that I'm really happy to see: my kids are seeing this as an investment in *them*.  Most of my previous vacations were solo: this time it's US.  Before I get all misty-eyed, I do realize they will probably drive me nuts before, during and after this vacation - -  but that's okay.  We've needed a National Lampoon's Vacation and laughs for a while, and now we're getting one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment