Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Hike

Today I went on a day-trip by myself, to Muir Woods in Marin - just north of San Francisco.  Everywhere I looked there seemed to be couples sharing the experience together, making memories.  I never really had that in my marriage.  Most of our free time was spent with my ex doing his own thing (golfing, traveling, hanging out with the guys) while I took care of home base and slowly grew disillusioned with the whole coupledom thing.  I was lucky to have a small, brief taste recently of what a relationship *could* be like.  It didn't work out, but I'm still trying to deal with the lessons I learned from it.

I learned that I really need to be true to who I am and what matters to me. I think I have a better understanding of what kind of woman I can be and what I need to be happy.  (I'm not certain I'll find it but my friends tell me to keep the faith!)  Sometimes we want things that aren't meant for us - we just don't find out until later.  I'm keeping a mental list now of what's really important to me, both short-term and long-term.  And sometimes there's a list of things just to get me through the day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment