Wednesday, July 27, 2011

High School Reunion

Went to Vegas for my high school reunion and it was quite the adventure. (Disclaimer: I graduated from high school in Alaska, but *who* wants to go up there for a reunion when Sin City beckons and is more central/less expensive).

Was able to spend some precious time with my big brother, whom I haven't seen in person in over TWELVE years... and realized that sometimes people don't change as much as you expect them to! He's still a ball to be around and was great enough to pick up tickets for us to a Rush concert (awesome experience!) on Friday evening and then a Cirque de Soliel show Sunday evening.  Helped that despite being a novice gambler, Lady Luck was with him all weekend!

Being able to hang out with some good friends from way back when was a blast.  Even if ALL of them chickened out when it came time for tattoo.  All of them except for... yes, me.  Now, my mother had warned me about talking my brother into getting one, but since I already have a few, I wasn't under the same edict.  For a long time I've been contemplating new "ink" and with the help of an old friend (thanks Amy!) came up with a design that married the "techie-geek" side of me with my love of Vino.  I started with the symbol for chemical molecule Resveratrol that is found in red wine.  Part of the myth of the "French Paradox" is that the French live longer even though they indulge in good food and good wine.  Resveratrol is the compentent in red wine that *some* say contribute to that.  The artist weaved a grape vine behind the original art, and there you have it - right on my left shoulder.  I'm so happy with it!

Weekend ended all too soon, but my fellow alumni have all pledged not to wait 5 or 10 years before the next gathering and I'm totally on board with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment