Wednesday, March 9, 2011

2011 Wine Road Barrel Tasting

I had a wonderful time this weekend in Sonoma at the Wine Road's annual barrel tasting event.  I *finally* was able to drag one of my wingwomen with me, so I didn't have to go solo: yipee!!

Even though it was wet, the day was mild and the sprinkles ended up scaring away the crowds that had clogged Sonoma the previous day.  Penny and I went to over a dozen wineries (there were more than 140 participating!!) and realized that next year, we were going to make a weekend of it!

We were able to taste of variety of fabulous wines, right out of the barrel, that will be ready to be bottled in about 12-18 months.  Most of these were 2009 vintages and it looks to be a really good year for the reds! All of the wineries we visited (with the exception of one big mass-producer ::coughKJcough::) were extremely friendly and welcomed us warmly.  Many, after learning who we work for, shared great stories about their interaction with our company - something we had not expected, but really appreciated.

I ended up with about half a dozen bottles from various wineries - the ready to drink *now* kind! This is truly a fabulous event, and for the price ($20 in advance/$30 day of) you cannot beat the value + education you will get!

1 comment:

{nikki} said...

I really wish I could have been there! Let's shoot for next year!! The 3 Amigas! ;)

Post a Comment